Senior Artist - Environment
Ustwo games is looking for a talented environment artist to join our team and help us create new experiences for mobile players and beyond. We’re building on the success of Monument Valley, Monument Valley 2 and Land’s End, by making brand new titles with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
This artist could be you!
You are an environment artist with strong 3D capabilities and ability to work in a wide range of styles - preferably with extensive experience working as an environment artist within the games industry.
You have a solid grounding in traditional arts as well as a technical mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are an observer of the real world. You are capable of producing believable yet stylised environmental concept art, and of creating 3D models and layouts to turn that concept art into the places our players are going to spend their time in. You have a strong understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and environmental storytelling, both from a technical and artistic point of view.
- Expert in Maya or equivalent 3D package. 3D sculpting skills desirable.
- Expert in digital painting and texturing.
- Experience with at least one popular game engine, preferably Unity.
- Experience with shaders and real time rendering pipelines.
- Ability to sketch and convey ideas rapidly and concisely.
- Strong concept art capabilities.
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Ability to independently implement ideas and solutions during production.
- Other visual art skills, eg. illustration, graphic design, particle effects…
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to a company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, life assurance, private medical and amazing family policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.)