ustwo Nordics is looking for an experienced Technology Director to join our amazing Malmö studio.
As tech director, you’ll be leading our team of passionate, talented and super engaged engineers working across a broad range of platforms and tools, delivering amazing and meaningful products to our clients and partners. Included in your role will be managing the team on a day-to-day basis, sharpening our tech offering and ways of working as well as engaging with clients on a relational and strategic level. You will also be part of the local leadership team, with whom you’ll be leading the studio, both operationally and strategically.
Besides developing products for our clients within platforms such as iOS, Android, React Native and Unity, our work is broadening further into immersive environments such as AR/VR and IoT as well as consulting clients strategically. Our technology team members engage in full production builds but also function as creative technologists, strategists, and architects in the conceptual stage of a project.
Our developers, designers, and delivery leads collaborate closely in cross-disciplinary teams, which often include people from our client organisations, to develop world-class digital products.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE...
- You have a broad mandate. Whilst we have opinions and some existing practices you will have the opportunity to design our offering, approach, and team structure together with the team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to, together with the tech teams and directors from the other studios, shape our vision for technology at ustwo, improve our product-market-fit, offering, and positioning for technology.
- You will work to bring the Design and Technology community closer together to inspire, shape and steer our technology strategy, capabilities and capacities.
- Building brilliant client relationships will be a large part of your role. Whilst we love our clients we will expect you to not only advise them but to also provoke, challenge and guide them.
- Helping and driving client pitches and manage existing clients from a technology perspective will be instrumental.
- Building our brand in the technology market will be a key part of your role. You and your team will work to become renowned as thought leaders in technology.
- You enjoy change, problem-solving, and thrive in fast-paced, sometimes chaotic, environments.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passion, Passion, Passion!
Above all, you care deeply about people and about creating superb digital products and services in an inter-disciplinary and user-centered client service environment. You believe in the power of teams and understand the importance of involvement and transparency as well as making, sometimes tough, calls when needed.
You have experience in building and nurturing a team of developers as well as engaging with other disciplines such as designers, product owners, and coaches.
IDEALLY YOU HAVE...
- great presentation and communication skills.
- commercial awareness and know how to write or contribute to a compelling proposal or pitch. You understand how to make tradeoffs to achieve commercial objectives without undermining the quality of our work. Ideally, you’ll understand ustwo’s competitive landscape and know how to keep us differentiated in our technology offering.
- leadership skills with a track record of not only creating the conditions for a team of developers to deliver superb work but also of motivating them to take ownership, lead themselves and each other.
- an interest in and passion for emerging tech and know how to help the team and clients to explore them
- been a developer or software engineer at some point in your career, preferably including mobile apps and websites.
- an ability to support excellent relationships between internal teams, stakeholders and clients is one of your strengths.
Your team has a personal letter and a video presentation for you, go have a look here: Love letter
At ustwo Nordics, our dedicated team of designers, developers and delivery coaches partner with some of the top brands in the world, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers. We’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
ustwo is committed to make a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diverse teams help us make better products. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and flexible working days.
Preferred starting date - as soon as possible. We will have an ongoing review of applications.
We are able to sponsor visas for exceptional international applicants.