Senior 3D/2D artist
We are a digital product studio at the heart of Malmö, and we are looking for an experienced artist with 3D and 2D design skills, who is passionate about creating meaningful digital products. As part of ustwo Nordic, you will help us create new experiences in the fields of digital games/play and VR/AR.You can expect to always be part of an engaged cross disciplinary team of developers, designers, testers, coaches and product owner. You as a senior artist will have great freedom and responsibility of the final product and will be the one leading, creating and producing the art together in collaboration with other team members in a small team. We need you to be able to take on 3D design/modelling, as well as 2D/UI design, and be great at communicating visual direction to the rest of the team, and iterate and develop together with the client.
What you will be doing:
- Produce concepts and provide art direction for our digital products.
- Set visual style and quality of the graphical assets.
- Hands on work producing assets.
- Express and communicate your ideas and visions.
- Ensure, together with the project team members, that the art direction fits with the overall project goals.
We're looking for a Lead Artist who:
- Is interested in creating immersive and playful digital experiences within different fields.
- Can comfortably take on art direction with support from the rest of the team.
- Can explore and develop different visual styles depending on context.
- Has experience of creating 3D as well as 2D graphics for games or interactive digital products.
- Has solid skills in Unity.
- Has several years of documented competence in the digital industry
- Has good communication skills and is used to work together with others, not just delivering according to spec.
- Role-models the principles and values that are close to heart and looks to foster the same within peers
Bonus, if you:
- Are an experienced 3D modeler, who can create textures and shaders
- Have experience of working with kids’ games/play experiences
- Have experience of VR/AR projects
- Have some programming skills to be able to do basic work on the models you create
- Are able to write simple tools for Unity
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and promote flexible working days.
We are able to sponsor visas for exceptional international applicants.
Preferred start date - as soon as possible.
Deadline for application is 15 March, but we will have an ongoing review of applications.