Product Designer (UX)
Are you enthusiastic about human centred design? Do you want to create experiences that don’t just have a real impact, but also engage and delight users? We’re looking for a Product Designer (UX) to join our team of enthusiastic creatives. You should have a background in user experience, interaction design or other relevant field, an empathy toward business strategy, an interest in technology, and aspire to always learn and grow.
Please note we require all candidates to be located in Australia and have valid working rights.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO...
- Conduct user research, capture insights and liaise with stakeholders to understand the problem, identify user needs and behaviours, identify key design considerations and measures for what a successful design could achieve
- Explore and communicate design concepts through artefacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed interaction specifications
- Validate design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability, considering market analysis, and balancing technical constraints/opportunities
- Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs
- Understand and (where appropriate) challenge business requirements to champion user needs, as a way to further promote product and market strategy
- Foster a collaborative "One Team" approach between ustwo and clients/partners by engaging in an open and transparent working relationship -- facilitate and participate in workshops and discussions to promote the communication of ideas
- Experience exploring, visualising and prototyping design ideas at varying levels of fidelity to communicate and validate ideas
- Experience in information design, visual hierarchy, legibility/readability, accessibility, content strategy, copywriting and data visualisation
- Knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies
- A desire to keep up with the latest in design, technology and ways of working
- A desire to work in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers
- An understanding of Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- A “tools agnostic” mindset, focused on outcomes not outputs
- An ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), open to sharing thoughts, ideas and work in-progress
- Seeks out opportunities to learn and grow
- An ability to deal with pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Company wide profit sharing platform
- Generous training and development budget
- 3 month paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary caregivers
- Fortnightly catered lunches
- Quarterly socials
- Monthly chair massages
- Wide variety of snacks and bevvies
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!