As an ustwo Android Developer you’ll be working with our team of developers, designers and testers. We’re looking for someone with the skills and passion to take on large and small projects for a wide range of clients, as well as on our own products and services.
We prioritise teamwork, collaboration and getting stuff done. Our aim is to build and deliver the most beautiful products possible and world class user experiences in cross discipline teams - never forgetting to have fun on the way.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
This is a permanent full time role so please only apply if this aligns your working preference.
You will be:
- Working as part of an agile team
- Working on both client and internal projects
- Producing neat, tested, readable and well documented code
- Extending and improving common / open source libraries
- Working closely with designers and testers
- Pushing quality and our craft
- Citizenship, residency or work visa for Australia
- Android SDK
- Solid understanding of common design patterns
- A familiarity with the important libraries for Android SDK
- A passion for code quality and craft
- Experience of working with APIs
- A practical understanding of unit testing
- A familiarity with UI automated testing
Other skills you might have:
- A passion for sophisticated UI development
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Some practical experience with TDD and / or BDD
- Experience with continuous integration for Android projects
- Experience of or interest in functional programming
- An active Github account / open source contributions
- Experience with other platforms, eg. iOS, Appcelerator, mobile web
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, training & development budget and company wide profit sharing platform.
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.