Product Designer (Freelance)
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. We build products and services with users at the very heart of our approach, for a diverse range of clients and partners that span Healthcare, Automotive, Mobility, Retail and Finance sectors.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic, and more vital than ever to the success of their organisation. We’re not simply building digital propositions, but challenging the core purpose and principles of the organisations we help.
The role of design in this process is evolving; a solution that both delights and engages the user often means being prepared for trade offs to ensure that the right product goes to market.
As Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilise your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- Translate of research insights into concise design solutions.
- Collaboration at speed within a cross discipline team, that sees the client very much integrated within this team composition.
- Prototype iteratively to convey movement and functionality of concepts, with regular user feedback.
- Proactively bridge the gap between disciplines by sharing knowledge and demonstrate curiosity for the work of others on your team.
- You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. In a senior role expect to lead in this area.
- Clearly communicate the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
- You can distinguish between “good” and “great” work and able to design flows.
- Information visualisation skills.
- Typography and layout skills as it relates to interaction.
- Significant proven experience within interaction/graphic design across a variety of digital media. The ideal blend of design capabilities would feature be application, visual and experience.
- Highly proficient in using variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Sketch, Zeplin.
- Proficiency with user-centered design techniques including user interviews, usability testing, ethnography, heuristic analysis, personas and information architecture, user-scenario design techniques as video prototyping.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and core craft skills.
- A strong ability to think technically and collaborate with Technologists as it pertains to understanding the benefits, possibilities and constraints of common coding languages and platforms.
- A huge enthusiasm for iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and want to push design methodologies through human-centered design philosophy
- Engage in design research, user research and validation testing.
- Enjoy working in agile / lean product development. Bringing effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
- Have a passion for design, a pulse on emerging trends and technology, and a developed point of view about your work.
- Give and solicit feedback from your team and peers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Create ‘looks like/works like’ prototypes that help tell a project’s story.
- Understand lean design processes, iterative prototyping and exhibit fluency with common design software.
In a Senior Product Design context you have:
- The ability to lead the design vision throughout the duration of the client engagement.
- Lead planning and hosted collaborative workshops, user research.
LIVING OUR VALUES
You are an individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- You will always find ways to Raise the Bar.
- Be collaborative and transparent. You're a team player who understands it’s important to Learn Together.
- You’re never afraid to speak your mind, and are clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone with gravitas and influence to deal with senior stakeholders within ustwo.
- Someone who challenges the way things are done and looks for better solutions.
- Some who is able to deliver to their deadlines.
- You will bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.