Business Development Manager
You’re a natural conversation starter, you build rapport quickly and take pride in creating and nurturing relationships. You have credibility within the digital product and/or tech industry which provides weight within your conversations. You’re thinking about where business, tech and design are headed and you have a point of view which provides in a value exchange beyond just a standard sales pitch.
Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment you will be required to work autonomously, taking responsibility for achieving targets and objectives. You will balance your time between managing new business and driving business within existing relationships. Day to day, you’ll be proactively meeting and engaging with clients, to seek alignment of ustwo’s offering with client needs. You’ll be instrumental in crafting well-considered proposals for these brands, businesses, and product teams, through leveraging your developed intricate understanding of ustwo’s capabilities and engagement models. You’ll own the client relationship from start to finish and ensure conversations convert into work for the studio.
We’re a tight knit studio looking for a team player who can work across several projects and clients. To hit the ground running, you’ll have a well established background in digital product and/or tech.
You may come from a startup or entrepreneurial background, with B2B sales experience an essential.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley) and ventures (Sway, Moodnotes). Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
What You’ll Do...
- Leverage existing relationships, build new ones and convert opportunities to new projects in order to hit your annual targets
- Set the agenda for your clients - showing them what ustwo can deliver with them and how we’ll achieve this together
- Own responses and proposals (document or presentation based) for briefs and RFPs from start to finish
- Be proactive, think two steps ahead of the client, anticipate their needs and identify partnership opportunities early
- Qualify leads to ensure deals brought to the table are in alignment with our strategy and have commercial impact.
- Understand when to bring in subject matter experts to maximize their client impact and effectively use their time.
- Manage our CRM and various sales related tools, and contribute to forecasting as part of the global Business Development team
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and discipline Leads, to ensure a compelling conversation with the client, both within pre-sales and proposal stage
- Engage the Sydney ustwo studio in understanding what type of work drives them, and educate them as to how they can support business development at ustwo
- Constantly on the lookout for opportunities with both current and previous ustwo work to help demonstrate capability and build trust
- Support internal content generation and business development programmes for relevant target industries
- Build a profile for ustwo in the marketplace by forging introductions to prospective clients, attending networking events and creating and capitalising on opportunities to build awareness of ustwo
- A love of hunting out new relationships and new business opportunities with a demonstrated ability to convert ideas and discussions into tangible projects
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, a strong negotiator and an ability to close deals
- Empathy for clients leading change and innovation in big companies
- Balance long-term relationship planning with current team project delivery in collaboration with project team
- Winning sales strategies that you’ll also be expected to share to help educate your team
- Network - you’re already known, have a healthy base of contacts and understand the operators in the local market
- Solid interpersonal skills – you’re comfortable working alongside technical directors, salespeople, designers, and CEOs alike
- A natural storyteller with the ability to take clients on a journey, strong with keynote / powerpoint
- The ability to navigate the financial aspects of client work and projects; you know your way around a spreadsheet and thrive on the data and detail
- Familiar with product delivery methodologies such as Agile and Lean
- Experience working in a tech or product environment is highly preferred
- 3+ years professional experience in similar roles or applicable domains
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Company wide profit sharing platform
- Generous training and development budget
- 3 month paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary caregivers
- Fortnightly catered lunches
- Quarterly socials
- Monthly chair massages
- Wide variety of snacks and bevvies
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!